Monday, August 30, 2010

King of Wonders

So I was reading in Job this morning, (I'm a few days behind in my One Year Bible reading) and I was just AMAZED at the God I serve. Here's what I read,

"God stretches the northern sky over empty space and hangs the earth on nothing. He wraps the rain in his thick clouds. and the clouds do not burst with the weight. He shrouds the throne w/ his clouds. He created the horizon when he separated the waters; set the boundaries for day and night. The foundations of heaven tremble at his rebuke. By his power the sea grew calm. His Spirit made the heavens beautiful, and his power pierced the gliding serpent. These are some of the minor things he does, merely a whisper of his power. Who can understand the thunder of his power?" Job26:7-14

WOW. King of Wonders, right? Sometimes we forget all of this and take for granted what GOD has provided for us. Things we don't think about, like how day turns into night and how the Earth is just chilling in space. If the Earth tilted another inch we'd be in trouble. Our God is so EXCELLENT and He did all of this for us. Today, give him the praise that He's due! And something my Pastor keeps telling me, thank God for something you have never thanked him for today. He deserves thanks for the big things and the little things :)

No comments:

Post a Comment